• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 south_saturn_delta

south_saturn_delta

Advanced Member

• Official Member
  • 122 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:50 PM

so i'm looking for some new sticks as my bag was getting heavy with worn out sticks, ive been looking into silverfox drumsticks for a good while now...and i thought "why not" so i got 5 pairs of 5A wood tip, heres what i thought:

feel: from the first pair in my hands, they jsut felt so nice, i spun them, tried them on a pad...they felt amazing, better than anything ive had before.

grip: unlike the other sticks i used, i played tight-grip on these, loose-grip, matched and trad and they didnt give me any calluses, and sore spots, or anything.

durability: when i really opened up with these, they didnt chip away anywhere near as much as others did, and when i laid down some VERY heavy rimshots, they didnt crack or split, they only dented, and they were brilliant.

overall...i cant rate these sticks highly enough, if you ever get the chance to use some, do it! you wont be sorry! :D

#2 machinedrumkelly

machinedrumkelly

Advanced Member

• Advanced Contributor
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:40 AM

I second that bro, I used to by thiese at the local daddy's junky music and they were awesome. Last twice as long as my vic firth's and the price was much better too. Daddy's has closed down and now I am back to buying vic Firth's.. I wish someone local would sell silverfox but the local drum store is all about the major brands only.. Too bad, Maybe I should just order some online but to get a good deal ya have to order in bulk and I hate ordering sticks in bulk

#3 latinboy642003

latinboy642003

Advanced Member

• Official Member
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

ill keep this short. i have use silverfox for a while now. good sticks but not amazing. unrealiable. one pair i had snapped in half only after one session. rest chipped away. i do have one pair that is still kicking. good and cheap but unrealiable.
-Schahriar Omar Ramos Roman
Cure For Caska-Drummer

#4 south_saturn_delta

south_saturn_delta

Advanced Member

• Official Member
  • 122 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

ive never had a problem with their reliability, in fact they've actually been more consistant and durable than the big brands like VF, regal, PM and zilds.

since march, with daily use in all styles of music, i have gone through less than 3 pairs, ive actuall given some away to my students cause they loved the feel of them....i now get them at artist discount in bulk or if im short i contact a friend for some.

i can say this...i'll never be going back to another brand....not be choice anyway.