NAMM / Wishlist 2014

12 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

That time of year again, new products, exciting new offerings from all the manufacturers, sooooo.... What do you want to see this year? :D

Posted · Report post

A hardware bag/case that's not more trouble than it's worth.

Posted · Report post

More options for the MAPEX Mydentity 'cuz 100,000,000 is just not enough!!!   :chaplin:

Actually within the MAPEX line, I would love (and hate) if they offered the same Mydentity options with SATURN shells.  They now offer a SATURN with a wrap which seems to be pretty popular so why not offer the Mydenity type of special order SATURNS.  The reason I would hate it is because I would be soooo tempted... :pullhair:

Posted · Report post

The Ludwig Signet 105's.

Posted · Report post

I'd like to see Mapex retire their Meridian lines and revamp their mid-range kits, something more in line with what they did to the Saturn series.

I would also love to see some more cable hihat stand/pedal/clamp things from anyone.

Posted · Report post

More options for the MAPEX Mydentity 'cuz 100,000,000 is just not enough!!!   :chaplin:

Actually within the MAPEX line, I would love (and hate) if they offered the same Mydentity options with SATURN shells.  They now offer a SATURN with a wrap which seems to be pretty popular so why not offer the Mydenity type of special order SATURNS.  The reason I would hate it is because I would be soooo tempted... :pullhair:

This is something I'd love too, my dream kit is a sonor prolite, but most likely will never happen :) I'm very happy with my saturns and the current finishes for the IV Saturns are cool, however being able to create a custom MyDentitykit with same shells as the Saturns would really peak my interest indeed!

Posted · Report post

i don't know about what to see... but i'd love to get me a Chris Adler snare. i know, so retro.

don't know why i didn't just get one when i had the chance.

but otherwise, i'd like to see more 12x5 snares... although Mapex does have the Phantom already to their credit. Most major's don't carry one unless it is a custom order like a Reference Series or similar.

Gavin has a nice one out too but a bit spendy for me.

More reasonably priced 12x5 hybrid with birch/walnut or maple/walnut with round edges on top and 45 cut on the bottom and color options would be awesome.

Posted · Report post

@Jammy You're going to be very happy.

Posted · Report post

Yes I just found out yesterday what is up with their mid line stuff!  Wait and see!  

Posted · Report post

Those nice old orion finishes available on saturn or special order mydentity. :hat:

Posted · Report post

I'd like to see Mapex retire their Meridian lines and revamp their mid-range kits, something more in line with what they did to the Saturn series.

I would also love to see some more cable hihat stand/pedal/clamp things from anyone.

If that means they're killing off the Meridian, I'd better get a 12x8 tom and some extra parts ordered.

Posted · Report post

Those nice old orion finishes available on saturn or special order mydentity. :hat:

Or how about bringing back the laser finishes?  Laser black especially!