Hero
Sign in to follow this  
SpeedNinja

Spare parts

I've had a couple Meridian maple kits, other than the black one.  This is either my second or third.  It started with this bass drum that's cut down to 22x14".  I ended up making a 4 piece in gloss natural and selling that.  Then I somehow bought more components.  Here are the sizes:

10x7 rustic fade, 12x8 "lacquer brown burst", 16x16 tobacco fade, 22x14 champagne burst, and a 14x5.5 natural MPX 10 lug snare.

They shells are stripped down right now.  I'm going to wrap them in vinyl soon, and then probably sell this set.  I have no idea what color yet, but I'll post it when they're done.

After that I'll probably pick up another black bass drum, even if it's birch, and break off some of the maple toms to use with it.

20191001_125702.jpg

• Like 2

- Mike on YouTube
My band: Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
#EpsteinDidNotKillHimself

I found a picture of the natural kit, which originally had the champagne burst bass drum before I found a natural one and sold it.  I sold the 14x5.5 hammered steel MPX snare with these shells.  That's the one I put the satin black hardware on to give it some contrast.  It was 12x8, 16x14, 22x18.

I contacted a vehicle wrap company about the drums.  I don't have a good feeling about this so far.  I might have to find someone else, or buy the material and wrap them myself.  If I go the DIY route, it'll probably be a glitter/sparkle style.  I'd prefer green, but since I'm selling it... red, blue or orange are probably better.

20180726_225300.jpg

Edited by SpeedNinja

- Mike on YouTube
My band: Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
#EpsteinDidNotKillHimself