Hero
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mike88se

Kasza

4 posts in this topic

I have some 14" Kasza F series hats. I don't know much about Kasza cymbals but these sound amazing. If you crossed a Paiste Sig (or Dimensions/Sound Formula) w/ a Zildjian K it would probably sound a lot like these.

Well, the price is certainly right.

I can't recall knowing these things existed. I may try one of their 'western bell' chinas. Those 'dirty bell' Rock line crashes look interesting, too.

I've never heard of them either.  Looks like they're under Big Bang Distribution.  Musician's Friend and Guitar Center carry them.  I wonder if they can work their way into replacing cheap brass and B8 cymbals on beginner kits based on the price alone.  If they can get more people playing them by default, they can expand their customer base.

Made from pure B20 (80% copper 20% tin). All Kasza cymbals are handpicked for sound quality and workmanship. Every Kasza cymbal is a unique instrument and a true piece of art no two are alike.

Sounds like they're still working on getting a repeatable sound in the manufacturing process.

On 5/26/2017 at 10:17 AM, SpeedNinja said:

Sounds like they're still working on getting a repeatable sound in the manufacturing process.

I can remember when Sabian advertised HH's the same way. Depending on testing, when you have half a dozen guys hand hammering cymbals it is almost impossible to get two to sound the same, let alone dozens but, that is the apparent charm of them. Each is unique. But, if you hear one you like and expect the one you order to sound the same disappointment can be expected. Dream cymbals have this issue. I know Wuhans do. Almost all hh cymbals have that issue. I have never heard Paiste Traditional's. Paiste's are generally so accurate it's hard to believe they would let great variations cymbal to cymbal out the door but, hand hammering, if you stay true to the art, just produces that result. I was going to order a Dream ride from a shop in Dallas and they told me flat out they would not guarantee the sound.