Guest - Member Global Message

This is the Header Alert Global Message description. This message can be changed in your themes acp.

Hero
MyImageName

Banner 1 Title

MyImageName

Banner 2 Title

MyImageName

Banner 3 Title

Sign in to follow this  
bippy58

Grombal

This is a product that fits in the hole in your cymbals to prevent key holes. It fits very tight that you don't need a wing nut to hold the cymbal on the stand. Also it makes setting up and breaking down so much easier cause you don't have to deal with a wing nut. I have been using these for about 4 years and never had an issue once. I order from Dale's drum shop.

I never minded wing nuts, and I used to play out with a couple dozen cymbals, too. I DO mind the plastic gadgets almost all stands come with these days. They cut through after a short while, and cause cymbal buzz, especially when you do mallet rolls. Vinyl tubing, the same. Years ago I stopped using felt and plastic and began using rubber baseballs I slice up. I increased all my cymbal holes from 1/2" to 9/16" and use automotive hose or water supply line for sleeves. Virtually indestructible and they don't cause cymbal buzz.

I can't tell exactly what these are made of but, it seems they would vibrate and you'd get cymbal buzz with them.

2 hours ago, DiehardDIYer said:

I never minded wing nuts, and I used to play out with a couple dozen cymbals, too. I DO mind the plastic gadgets almost all stands come with these days. They cut through after a short while, and cause cymbal buzz, especially when you do mallet rolls. Vinyl tubing, the same. Years ago I stopped using felt and plastic and began using rubber baseballs I slice up. I increased all my cymbal holes from 1/2" to 9/16" and use automotive hose or water supply line for sleeves. Virtually indestructible and they don't cause cymbal buzz.

I can't tell exactly what these are made of but, it seems they would vibrate and you'd get cymbal buzz with them.

That's cool. A very nice DIY alternative idea!