Guest - Member Global Message

This is the Header Alert Global Message description. This message can be changed in your themes acp.

Hero
MyImageName

Banner 1 Title

MyImageName

Banner 2 Title

MyImageName

Banner 3 Title

Sign in to follow this  
vintagedrums

Testing my new beautiful 22'' Craig Lauritsen OSC (old stamp clone) ride cymbal - 2083 grams.

Hi there fellow drummers! 

I recently starting shooting videos of my gear, specially my vintage drum & cymbal collection. Reason: Theres a lot of beautiful pictures online, but no sound examples.    

Yesterday i got my new Craig Lauritsen ride cymbal (from a friend, who purchased it from Craig), very nice open sound. I really like it. For those of you who do not know Craig, he's a cymbal smith. Well, just google his page. 

Hope you like the video. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good idea to get videos of these things.  It really is more appropriate to have sound as a sales point than a pretty picture.

• Like 1

It is a original ride cymbal from Craig. I bought it from a fellow drummer, so i'm the second owner. He waited 14 months (!) an Craig keeping sending him sound examples until his was satisfied with the sound. Very cool approach! 

Edited by vintagedrums
  • Like 1

This week i'am playing alongside My top 10 favourite James Brown Drum Grooves. Playing a champagne sparkle 60s Gretsch Round Badge drum kit and some 60s Zildjan A cymbals. The snare sometimes changes to a 14" x 6 1/2" Ludwig Pioneer.

If you got any suggestions, please let me know. I'm planning to make a video about my vintage cymbal collection and testing them with different setups. 

• Like 1