Guest - Member Global Message

This is the Header Alert Global Message description. This message can be changed in your themes acp.

Hero
MyImageName

Banner 1 Title

MyImageName

Banner 2 Title

MyImageName

Banner 3 Title

Hello from Arizona. Been playing for 17 years ( also play bass for 10 years, guitar for a year, spoons for 16 years, bongos for 3 years.)  I play on a Mapex Armory 6 piece   (walnut finish, just got them, had a Ludwig combo set) with tomahawk snare. Evans g2 coated on batters for Toms (reso’s stock right now but will be putting G1 coated on soon), Evans Emad 2 clear bass drum batter with stock reso but will put Evans eq 3 on soon, Evans UV1 coated on batter for snare and stock snare reso but going to put on Evans hazy300, snare wire puresound 20 blaster series,  but I have a unknown brand brass piccolo 14x3 1/2 snare with 24 lugs ( the drum gods have blessed this snare). Also have a super set of sabian xsr’s Headed my way as of tonight. Double pearl pedals P122tw. Mix of different hardware from Tama to ludwig. Love promark oak 7a sticks. Also have a Yamaha dtx400 electric set with it connected to Cpu with addictive drums 2, and reaper software playing through soundblaster audigy platnium ex system. 

Sorry if long intro, but I figured what the hell I had time.

DD6CDAC3-1E5F-425B-92D2-7E916AC4842D.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Welcome to OD, Mr. Happy. A great way to introduce yourself. I think we'll even forgive you for the guitar player remark! ;-) We know it must have just been a brief aberration before coming to your senses.

Regards,

Frodis

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Welcome aboard. It's a nice place here. Post often. Share your stuff, your playing.

I'm curious about your unknown brass pic. No nameplate at all, huh? What do the lugs look like?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Welcome to OD, Happy!  Nice choice on the finish.  I think it's the most striking from that series.  I'm also interested to see that mystery brass snare.  You could probably dedicate a whole thread to your e-kit setup.  I'm having to learn that now, and I know several other people here have gotten into e-drums for various reasons.  It seems complicated from the outside looking in.  Lots to learn there.

• Upvote 1

Thanks everyone. The guitar thing is new just because can not find no one to jam with. Everybody is into metal, country, or Chicano music, and well me, folk,ska, punk, and a tad metal. But that’s a small town for ya. So I figured I’ll just play every thing. But I do have some pics of the lugs and strainer, and no badge plates at all on it. Here ya guys go, would be nice to figure whose it is. And 12 lug on batter and 12 on reso.  Also will do a e kit experience and get into everything I’ve done so far in another thread. 

479E0B24-0E7E-4095-B3F5-EFA6F96DA02C.jpeg

A8CE6828-7D98-4D88-B45A-109C3983C424.jpeg

B932360E-2A8A-4E67-AF57-1AF80466908D.jpeg

966748B1-14E1-44A5-94BA-F5BE1D99ADBB.jpeg

C764A0ED-30CB-4A6E-9064-BC649E29EFA7.jpeg

I've seen the lugs, or something close, before.  I just can't think of where.  The strainer is alien to me.  I'm still trying to jog my memory on the lugs.  I've been working on the car at night, so no internet browsing time lately.

• Thanks 1

Turning wrenches and busting knuckles are always fun. If you get your memory back let me know it will be much appreciated  speedninja, thx bro.

Ha!  Nothing that fun this time.  Just putting on a leather steering wheel wrap.  It was stubborn, and I did slice up some fingers pulling the stitching tight, but it was mostly just time consuming.

As for your snare... I hopped on Drum Factory Direct.  They had something similar, but not a match.  I hopped on eBay and saw some similar Yamaha lugs, and I think those were the ones I had seen before, but not a match.  Then I spotted a Groove Percussion snare and the lugs look like a match.  You can check that out and see what you think.  The throw off is different, but that could just mean a different year or production run.

• Thanks 1

ah, I’ve always had issues will steering wheel covers they are ether too tight or loose but saw some wraps that looked like it would be alittle nicer just to put on.

Well lugs look like a match, just more lugs and different throw off, the butt plate looks similar also, all I know when it’s cranked up, it will kick ass and take names. Thx speedninja.

I haven't seen those lugs in awhile now. Most of the parts suppliers had them. The throw off is generic, as well. If there's no identifying tag on the drum, I'd say you have a drum someone made from component parts.

• Thanks 1

i was wanting to upgrade lugs and hoops and with the butt plate and throw off. If it wasn’t some Vintage brass piccolo. So looks like it’s a go. Thx guys