Guest - Member Global Message

This is the Header Alert Global Message description. This message can be changed in your themes acp.

Hero
MyImageName

Banner 1 Title

MyImageName

Banner 2 Title

MyImageName

Banner 3 Title

DiehardDIYer

Bum Wrap Drum Co

I don't recall seeing anything about this outfit on here. Looks like the same kind of computer generated wraps as others but, the prices are nice. They have some really interesting looking wraps for  wood look categories, if you're into that. No sparkles. No satin flames. Custom stuff, of course. Sounds kind of corny but, being into the ether, I like the look of their nebulae-type stuff. Each drum with a different nebulae would be pretty cool. Hubble has produced some incredible shots of what's out there.

I tend to get bored with wraps, unless they 'move,'  like satin flames or abalone-types that have seemingly endless patterns to them.  But, wraps are fun.

The crazy thing is, depending on how you angle your drums, the only thing you see sitting behind the set is the bass drum. You get to enjoy the kit as you walk by.

Anyway -

http://www.bumwrapdrumco.com/

They've been mentioned here and there.  Looks like they've added a few since the last time I looked.  Still not exactly what I'm looking for, but it's about $230 for my jelly bean kit if I find a snare and second floor tom for it.  That's actually not that bad, considering material and time costs for other options.  I like this wood grain pattern, but I don't want a fade.  The only green they have listed is too bright.  I'm sure they can make changes and print another variation of their existing files pretty easily.

Is that a burl? Can't tell. I actually like that fade. Looks striking with the black hoops and stuff. Black lugs would look even nicer.

The only thing you notice with the wood grain wraps is the repetitive nature of the prints. Not enough natural looking variation in many of them. I have seen and used bookend veneer but, those look a little too unnatural.

I agree, the green they have is not one I would go with. But, yeah, making one darker should be pretty simple for them. 

I may use these guys in the future for some ideas I have.

I didn't look at every page at the site. This new wrap. May I assume it can be made to any length so extra pieces and seams are not necessary on floor toms and kicks?

I think it's a burl or sorts.  Fades look cool, especially with black hardware, but that's not what I want for my kit.

Their wood grains are really repetitive.  I'm not sure that matters too much since you can only see so much of the drums at a time.  That being said, I'm sure someone could design a continuous graphic to print for each size.  Alpi does it for their "wood" veneers.

It's a 21mil matierial.  I don't know if it's laminated or not.  I supposed buying a few samples would answer that question.  I assume it's printed on a large format printer, probably on a roll.  There are a lot of really durable materials out there.  Laminate them to the back of a high gloss clear and they'll have some depth to them.  I'm sure there are other materials with depth to them at this point.  I haven't worked in the printing industry in 10 years.  Lots of cool stuff out there.

My buddy used these guys and was happy.  They have some very nice stuff.  I need them to come up with a sienna fade wrap for an 18" arctic white tom I have put with my Sienna fade kit.  

http://walopus.com/

Edited by Sticks4drums

They have some different stuff.  I picked a wood grain I liked and priced it out.  They don't have the exact sizes, but it'll be about $270 for the size kit I priced out above.  It's a little higher than the other one, but I'm assuming that could go higher or lower if I changed the "color" of the wrap.  They have better wood grain patterns though.  I wouldn't rule them out on that price difference.