Hero
Sir_Sizzle

Help Identify Mapex

Well... that looks older than everything in the 1990 catalog (I still need to upload .jpeg files for that), and I have no rumors or hints of Mapex existing before 1987 and that is their first lug design.  Contrary to the ad, Mapex did have series names, but the badges didn't always carry them.  I am absolutely useless for identifying wood, but I'm guessing it's either maple or birch.  It could be Orion, or a stand alone snare drum.  There's potential for it to be a Saturn.

Other than that, you're going to have to call the Smithsonian, because that thing is a dinosaur.

• Upvote 1

@SpeedNinjathat's what I was digging up as well. I am a little sad that I couldn't find any more. I'm hoping to see if mapex themselves can't place it. If I find anythings else I'll post it in here.

Thanks man, we would appreciate having the information.  I know @kustomdkhas collected quite a few older catalogs and would be interested in anything you can find out.

I will go ahead and upload the pictures from the Reverb ad here, in case anyone stumbles upon this thread in the future.  Any pictures you can add when you receive the drum would be great.

aoo7bqgttmla25v5wxp4.jpg

d9vxzk9zxmiy9xhtjdpu.jpg

fi0od8lkx4ijx1q8smbo.jpg

fopfs4tmeqbrjieehcy0.jpg

h1sm67xcop6chp0o5n69.jpg

mzzynej1nzhz7zjssf0d.jpg

r856oiocyih6tnozzxqo.jpg

spobcwzt9s9cz8x8ccwx.jpg

yqcrzmrt6tgjwta6h2yc.jpg

v1p8cy0ygla8y7e8bg9o.jpg

• Upvote 2