Hero
Sign in to follow this  
SpeedNinja

my cover band

A while back my friend, Dave, asked me to play drums for a cover band he was starting.  It was supposed to be Top 40 and R&B.  I've mentioned it a few times.  Dave is actually a guitarist, but playing bass in this band.  The first signer didn't work out, so we had another friend step in.  We recorded a few songs at Demetrios's parents' house in October.  One is Demetri's original, and he does vocals.  The others are covers of Thomas Rhett and Portugal The Man, and Ed does the vocals on those.  I think we recorded 5 songs on drums, and then they recorded everything else while I was at a friend's wedding, and getting my brother to and from the airport.  It was a blitzkrieg of a weekend for me.

I ended up not recording with a click.  I don't remember why.  We started off with a click for reference, and then Mike turned it off in the first measure.  I used the Meridian kit and my vintage Zildjian cymbals.

Anyway, I finally have something to share, so I figured I'd post it up.

Cool. Make Me Wanna has a nice lope to it. I wasn't expecting you to be playing so mellow!

• Upvote 1

On 4/24/2018 at 1:44 PM, SpeedNinja said:

Haha!  That makes two of us.  Better to play mellow than not play at all.

ain't that the truth! mellow on my friend.

• Upvote 1