Hero
Sign in to follow this  
SpeedNinja

Phil Collins on tour Not Dead Yet

I'm sure most of you have heard, but he's kicking it off down here.  I don't know if I'll be able to afford it, but I'd love to go and I will work every connection I have at the arena to get myself in the door, even if I have to get hired as an usher.

And for reference, because the hockey world thinks the BB&T Center is in Miami, and the music world thinks it's in Ft. Lauderdale, it's actually in Sunrise.  It borders the Everglades.

http://philcollins.com/

Phil_Collins_Presale_1080x1350.jpg

nice. I imagine he isn't playing drums though... he's still one of my favorite groove drummers. His time is awesome and always loved his concert tom sound.

I wouldn't mind checking him out live, even if he isn't hitting the drums anymore.

Yeah, he'd still be great to see.  From looking at Facebook-type video posts over the last year or so of his touring it looks like he pretty much sits in a chair at the front of the stage and croons from there. Maybe not exactly the image of a rockstar at his finest but he's got such a great catalogue of songs and he seems like a really likable fellow.

I read his autobiography last year and he really knows how to tell a story. I'd recommend it if anyone is into entertainment world (auto)biographies.

Saw him twice with Genesis in the 80's.  Best parts of the shows was when he went behind the kit.  I don;t think I could deal with seeing him if he can;t grab the sticks and get to it.  That would be too sad for me.  One of my favorite drummers.  So tasteful and a great feel to match.  You always knew a Collins lick when you heard it.