Hero
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jeremy

Ludwig Keystone Series drum set

7 posts in this topic

Just wanted to let everyone know the story with this line. Winter NAMM there were a hand full of these kits ordered by dealers. Those kits were delivered and sold. And they are on Ludwig's web site. But this line is not in production. Ludwig expects to put this line into production soon. We have high hopes for this line. So I will keep you posted.

Jeremy

As far as you know............will they offer a 20" kick?? I've heard that there is only going to be 2 configurations. One having a 22 and the other having a 24. I'm interested in a 12, 14, 20 set up.

lovin' that Oyster Mint Glass finish in this series for sure!! :thumbup:

Hello CSM..... this is directly from Ludwig.

Here’s some info for the new Keystone series. We don’t have the 24” outfits in the system as of yet, but they will be very shortly. We are taking orders for them though, and will enter them into the system once they are setup here. Otherwise, first shipments of the 22” outfit will be starting in early June, and a large-scale ad campaign will start in the August issue of Modern Drummer. Emphasis will be given to the new, bold sound, USA manufacturing, and the amazing value of the package.

It is a sincere pleasure for the Ludwig Team to announce the launch of Keystone Series USA drums. Having made their “Sneak Preview” debut at NAMM and Messe, Keystone is a professional-quality, affordably-priced, USA-made drum series that represents a year of active development with the team at the Monroe, NC Plant. Interest at the trade shows was exceptional and a significant amount of interest has been generated on the Web Forums. As we prepare for official launch this week, everyone knows all the details. Here are some details for those inquiring based on the placement in the new catalog:

o Keystone Series 22” Outfit (#LK7124KX) 18x22” bass drum, 16x16” floor tom, 9x12” and 8x10” mounted toms

1. MSRP: $2,399.00

o Keystone Series 24” Outfit (#LK7144KX) 14x24” bass drum, 16x18” and 16x16” floor toms, 9x13” mounted tom

1. MSRP: $2,769.00

Here are some details to remember:

o Shells are 5-ply, with 1/16" inner and outer plys of American Red Oak and a 3-ply Maple core, and a dual 45-degree bearing edge at the center of the shell.

o NEW Keystone Series Drums have a louder, more focused sound. This 5-ply combination creates a thin, dense shell that speaks loudly with quick, even decay.

o Drums are made in the USA with the same craftsmanship and care as Legacy and Classic Maple drums, but will be made for Stock, rather than made-to-order like other USA drums.

o Features the new low-contact Keystone lug and mounting bracket for a dramatic look and feel.

o Choose from two new shell packs and four stunning Glass Glitter finishes; Psych Red Glass (1P), Orange Glass (1F), Deep Blue Glass (2S), and Mint Oyster Glass (1M).

·

lovin' that Oyster Mint Glass finish in this series for sure!! :thumbup:

I know I'm a bit late on this, but I'll second that for sure! Wow, that's just a beasutiful finish. I'd buy it in a second.

I know I'm a bit late on this, but I'll second that for sure! Wow, that's just a beasutiful finish. I'd buy it in a second.

These will be arriving in 2-4 Weeks. If you want it we can make it happen, however; There are a very LIMITED number of these so place your order as soon as possible to be first in line for your exclusive CSM Member price.

1-866-MUSIC-03

Heres the link

Man, these are a great kit and oak/maple is a great combo if you are going for extra projection/attack along with the maple tone...

Great at this price, especially with that Mint Oyster Gloss finish!!! I like Ludwig's energy recently!!!

Edited by DrumCraft