Hero
phfreq

Greb's Sonor Signature snare

8 posts in this topic

I really like his stuff too, and I don't play anything like him! :laugh: Wish I did.

Jeremy

Edited by Gearhead

Don't we all like to be able to play like Benny? :)

If I buy his snare, will I be able to play like Benny? :D

(I remember when in high school and college we always ask what pen the A students were using and wondered if we used that pen we'll also be A students :) )

Check out what I found about his snare drum tuning - interesting:

http://www.bennygreb.de/?page_id=29

In particular, I found this interesting:

The overall tone differs a lot depending on the style and the song that I'm playing. But in that clip, I would say most of the batter heads were tuned medium, somewhere between a timbale-like sound and a more resonant tom-type tone. I lower the two lugs that face me about a half or a full turn.

His snare sound tends to be pretty dry in terms of overtones, and I bet this is a big part of why.

Jeremy

900 bucks for that bad boy!!!!! I'll take two, please! :bustout:

900 bucks for that bad boy!!!!! I'll take two, please! :bustout:

ha haha.. I know...

Should go perfect with that newly introduced Sonor Ascent kit which is pure beech. :D I'd take one in white finish just like on Greb's DVD . Isn't it nice that dreams are free... :)

Check out what I found about his snare drum tuning - interesting:

http://www.bennygreb.de/?page_id=29

In particular, I found this interesting:

The overall tone differs a lot depending on the style and the song that I'm playing. But in that clip, I would say most of the batter heads were tuned medium, somewhere between a timbale-like sound and a more resonant tom-type tone. I lower the two lugs that face me about a half or a full turn.

His snare sound tends to be pretty dry in terms of overtones, and I bet this is a big part of why.

Jeremy

That's correct. That would do it. If a recording requires it, I'll do this with one lug on a tom. As doe snares, I do this with 5.5s and thinner if I need a fatter sound, especially when using brushes. It gets a software deeper nicer thwak!