Hero
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DrumCraft

Sonor Force 3007 sounds nice, add opts and dealers...

7 posts in this topic

I'd like to see more USA dealers bring in full array of Sonor lines, options, and then maybe the prices could go a bit further down... Maybe then we could get a group buy going also?

I'd also like to see the Force series offer suspended mount over kick (Virgin Kicks), some chrome finish options, and suspended Floor Toms...

Sonor Force 3007 should still be a bit lower in price, but I think they are working on it.

They have been making top quality drums for decades.

They have incredible custom setups (although those are very expensive). Sonor is endorsed by some of the best drummers in the world today! Greb, Coleman, etc... but they need to make the product a bit more attractive in price and options. Anyone agree?

They are now producing most of their production drums in China in order to compete cost wise, and that is a good thing. Sonor actively exercises German Quality Control, whereas other major brands building kits in China don't have such great quality control.

There is a strong product at each main price point, but Force 3007 needs to be lower or better options. What d'ya think?

Force 3007 Series is a production model, but it is a really nice quality maple kit...

Listen to this crappy camera recording - that super Maple tone with stock heads is still rich through that lousy camera condenser!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvk3Dv7dzlk

Edited by DrumCraft

Sonor Force 3007 should still be a bit lower in price, but I think they are working on it.

... but they need to make the product a bit more attractive in price and options. Anyone agree?

They are now producing most of their production drums in China in order to compete cost wise, and that is a good thing. Sonor actively exercises German Quality Control, whereas other major brands building kits in China don't have such great quality control.

There is a strong product at each main price point, but Force 3007 needs to be lower or better options. What d'ya think?

Force 3007 Series is a production model, but it is a really nice quality maple kit...

Not sure why you think the price is too high. I picked up a 6-piece Force 3007 shell pack for less than $750 new. (8, 10, 12, 16, plus 14 snare and 22" kick). This kit was made at the same factory as my MAPEX Meridian although the specs and materials are different.

Not sure why you think the price is too high. I picked up a 6-piece Force 3007 shell pack for less than $750 new. (8, 10, 12, 16, plus 14 snare and 22" kick). This kit was made at the same factory as my MAPEX Meridian although the specs and materials are different.

Sweet X. I thought a 5 piece was about $1300 for a '3'007. Where d'ya get that price? How do you like it as an owner? Any details, feature like / dislikes? I really like the sound, and played it at a local retailer, but price made me hesitant.

I'd like to share my NEW 3007, acquired about 6 months ago.

After a 50+year hiatus of drumming, I researched a kit I would be comfortable with. After a lot of reading and talking to other drummers via a local Drum Collective (The Atlanta Drum Collective) that I joined, the majority suggested Sonor.

I bought this nice 5 piece maple set in a Natural Maple finish. The only change I made, I replaced the snare with an Orange County 7x13 as opposed to the stock 5x14. I also applied 100% tung oil to the inside shells to preserve them.

Could Not Be Happier

post-4821-0-20360700-1385364617_thumb.jp

LOVE the color :) Welcome to OfficialDrummer Gcort49. Your first post has been approved and VIP access has been granted. We look forward to hearing more from you. 

Kind Regards

... but they need to make the product a bit more attractive in price and options. Anyone agree?

Oh, meant to add. I too paid very little for such a quality set. My 5pc  3007 was $649.00. That is NEW, free shipping within 5 days of order 

20"/10"/12"/14"/14"...from a very reputable dealer that i am sure you are familiar with (no spam)